We’re taking every possible measure to ensure the safety of our players, fans, partners and surrounding communities in accordance with guidelines provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
• Chase Center was one of the first major sports and entertainment venues to receive the Global Biorisk Advisory Council’s GBAC Star facility accreditation which validates that we are following the most stringent cleaning, disinfecting and disease mitigation protocols in the cleaning industry.
• The Warriors have created a dedicated Health and Hygiene department to quickly and thoroughly address the changing nature of our industry.
• Chase Center uses cleaning products that are registered on EPA List N (Approved for use against SARS CoV 2).
• Chase Center has greatly increased the frequency of cleaning in all public spaces with an emphasis on frequent contact surfaces.
• Touchless hand sanitizer stations, wall mounted dispensers and disinfection wipes have been placed throughout the venue in high traffic, high touch areas.
• We have installed touchless fixtures in restrooms which includes faucets, soap dispensers and flushing mechanisms.
• Additional staff will be scheduled before all Chase Center events to focus on final disinfecting of public facing areas.
• A compliance team will constantly walk the venue to audit cleanliness levels and ensure proper sanitizing by staff.
• We will be implementing smart restroom technology throughout the arena that will provide real-time tracking of consumable inventory, occupancy monitoring and cleaning logs.
• We will have plexiglass barriers installed in all high traffic guest-facing areas.
• The COVID-related minimum recommendation for central air filtration is a Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value (MERV) rating of 13. The Chase Center current MERV filter rating is 15 (scale goes from 1 to 16); which exceeds the NBA and CDC recommendation of MERV13 filter ratings.
• The State of California recommends four air exchanges an hour (ACH) for indoor spaces. Chase Center can achieve up to four air exchanges per hour and will often times greatly exceed the minimum requirements throughout the arena including the most trafficked areas such as the West lobby and both concourses.
• Chase Center has the capability to use 100 percent outside air which is the cleanest possible air. Chase Center can also purge the full building’s air supply and replace it within 30 minutes if necessary.
• Being a newly built arena, we already have the newest ventilation infrastructure in place that allows us to do all of the above.
• Chase Center will also have portable HEPA filters (MERV rating of >16) on hand for rapid deployment as needed. Portable HEPA filters provide hospital grade air purification.
We require contactless entry through the use of mobile ticketing, enabling fans to use their mobile device to store and scan their tickets when entering the venue. Warriors fans and event goers can access and manage their tickets through the Warriors + Chase Center Mobile App.