Thrive City has announced a slate of spring programming that is set to begin on Sunday, April 2, and continue through June. Thrive City events, which are free and open to the public, aim to create an inclusive environment with an array of activations centered around health and wellness, arts and culture, sports and entertainment, and civic engagement. Fans can register for all Thrive City events at ThriveCity.com.
Upcoming Thrive City programming includes:
- Daybreaker SF – On Sunday, April 2, popular community movement group Daybreaker SF will bring its 10-year anniversary tour to Thrive City, featuring a Blissful Morning Yoga Class from 10 – 11 a.m. followed by a free Sober Dance Party, which includes live entertainment with guest DJs and musicians, healthy food and beverages, and more.
- Live Music Lunch Series – Beginning April 4, Thrive City will host local bands and musicians every Tuesday from 12 – 1:30 p.m. to provide an entertaining open space to enjoy lunch. The diverse selection of live entertainment includes Ricky Gamez (April 4), Coyote Creates (April 11), Dwayne Charles (April 18), Steady Rockwell Project (April 25), and additional soon-to-be-announced performances. In addition to live music, guests can enjoy various lawn games and seating options.
- Weekly Fitness Classes – Starting on April 5, the Warriors and Kaiser Permanente will host free fitness classes at Thrive City every Wednesday and select Sundays through June 28. Wednesday classes will occur from 12 – 1:30 p.m., while Sunday classes will be held from 10 – 11:30 a.m. Each class will feature fitness professionals teaching various focuses including yoga, bodyweight, dance, and Pilates.
- Spring Golf Day – On Thursday, April 6, from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m., Thrive City will host Spring Golf Day, featuring a Dryvebox mobile golf simulator unit, putting green, an on-site golf instructor, a six-hole mini-golf course, and a special showing of national golf tournaments on Thrive City’s 3,108 square-foot video board.
- The Rock and Roll Playhouse – On Saturday, April 8, The Rock and Roll Playhouse, the largest national kid-friendly concerts series, will host an immersive concert in Thrive City at 11 a.m. featuring songs from Bob Marley’s music catalog.
- Storefront Market Earth Day Celebration – Fantastic Negrito, the founder of Storefront Records, will bring an open-air market to Thrive City for an Earth Day Celebration on Saturday, April 22, at noon. The immersive market will include Artisan vendors from across the Bay Area, local cuisines, live entertainment with a solo acoustic performance from headliner Grammy Award-winning artist Fantastic Negrito, and more.
- Blankets & Blockbusters – In celebration of Mother’s Day, Thrive City will host a family-friendly matinee viewing of “Freaky Friday” on Saturday, May 13, at 1 p.m. In addition to the movie showcase, the event will include festive craft stations, massage chairs, a kid’s zone, and healthy lifestyle resources provided by Kaiser Permanente.